Vampire Academy has now premiered and been shown to an audience and they have loved it, but promos and publicity still continue as we gear up for the Friday release.
1. First up, three videos from ScreenSlam as they interview Zoey Deutch, Lucy Fry and Sarah Hyland.
2. Next up, check out this interview of Danila Kozlovsky by The Hollywood Reporter. Aside from the fact that Danila is 28 and not 32 as reported in the article, the interview is one of Danila’s firsts in Hollywood media where he shares his thoughts on his character Dimitri, on Russian cinema and working in the west. Some excerpts are given below –
THR: How would you describe your first English-language role?
Danila: I would like to take a moment to thank Richelle Mead for writing such a great, interesting character as Dimitri. It is very important for me to represent my country in this movie, as a man who loves, who has a good sense of humor, is passionate, and is a very interesting person — a really good guy. Dimitri has been living in America for a long time and speaks with a slight Russian accent. He is a very reliable and, at the same time, a quite mysterious person. He listens to old music and reads cowboy books. He is a man who people say who has old-fashioned values. I really enjoyed playing him. This is not the typical Russian stereotype role where guys are doing stupid or bad things.
THR: Where you would like to be in five or ten years?
Danila: I hope to be continuing to work in my current profession. I am a very lucky person because I have a job that I love doing everyday.
3. Olga Kurylenko appeared on Conan O’Brien and talked a little about the changes made to the character of Headmistress Kirova, who she added, hates kids and would like to torture them. A clip from the film was shown featuring the scene when Dimitri brings back Lissa and Rose to the Academy and puts them in front of Kirova. OMGAD … Danila speaking …. it’s HOT!
4. Sarah Hyland‘s interview with OK! Magazine has been published and she talks about how she spent £ 3000 in room service in London while filming the movie. Read some of the excerpts below and check out the interview.
OK!: How did you adjust to the nighttime shooting schedule?
SH: I’m a night owl so it wasn’t the worst thing in the world. The worst thing in the world was that by the time we got off work everything restaurant was closed and the only thing I had, because I didn’t have a kitchen or anything like that in my hotel room, was room service. By the time I left London I had a ₤3,000 bill for room service. And the sun came up at 4 AM. I can’t wrap my brain around it. That’s what messed me up. Not the filming at night, the sun coming up so early. And it sets at like 10 PM.
OK!: Were you able to explore London at all?
SH: I did the touristy things. I saw the London Eye and we lived near Buckingham Palace and Big Ben so that I was able to see really easily. A food place I really loved was Byron Burger. I miss it. I want it to come to the States.
OK!: Having the experience of training physically for this role, do you feel almost addicted to it now? Do you want to do it again?
SH: I really want to do it again but nothing that I’m up for right now is like that. I want to get in shape again and have a reason instead of being at home and working out because clearly I’m going to watch TV and eat pizza than go work out.
5. Lucy Fry had this really cute interview with The Insider where she talked about enjoying biting people and using compulsion as a vampire trick. Watch the video below.
6. In an interview with Movies.com, Zoey Deutch and Lucy Fry revealed everything that you need to know about Vampire Academy before you watch the film. It’s a quite a lengthy interview, filled with great, fun stuff, make sure you read it on the website. Some excerpts are given below.
Nailing the tone was vital for Vampire Academy. “The most important part of this movie is that the tone stayed consistent because that’s what I was most worried about. When you read the script, the humor and the dialogue is so broad and so wordy that if it were to step back in certain scenes, if it were to get a little nervous, like if [director] Mark [Waters] had trepidations about some of the interactions because it felt too ridiculous, the movie would not have worked. You would feel like you’re seeing six different movies. It needed to be specifically that way, so all those crazy lines that you’re like, ‘Where did [writer] Dan [Waters] come up with that?’ That’s in that world and for me as a teenager, a lot of those things I totally would say. I took out some things here and there, but for the most part, we stayed pretty true to Dan’s words.” – Zoey Deutch
Oscar the cat gets a meatier role in the movie and Fry was thrilled about the additional cuddle time. “It was the sweetest, sweetest thing, Sydney. It was just the cuddliest cat. There were two cats actually that were playing Oscar. One of them was the one that was really well trained and knew how to stay and walk and everything, and then there was the one that just loved being cuddled and most of the scenes we were doing cuddling scenes so I got to just snuggle this cat the whole time and it was so good for me because I’d been missing my dog a lot and it’s like animal therapy. It just feels so much better. Every day that Oscar was needed I was just so happy.” – Lucy Fry [omg you guys, Sydney is in VAMovie =P]
Is Lucy ready for Frostbite’s unprecedented threesome? “Well, I like that it’s from Rose’s perspective and that she gets out of there before anything too intense happens. I guess I haven’t ever done that before so it would take a lot of courage, but, you know, if we get to do a second film, then I would just be so excited for the film and you do what you’ve gotta do.” – Lucy Fry
Can Zoey ski? “[Laughs] No! Oh, I have an awful skiing story that I’m not gonna tell now, but no, I can’t ski! I’m the worst skier pretty much.” – Zoey Deutch
7. A hilarious video on Entertainment Tonight finds the VA cast members quizzing each other on which vampire they would like to be bitten by to mean girl high school stories. Dominic revealed he would prefer Bella over Elena because she would be more gentle, while Lucy and Sarah went for Ian Somerhalder’s Damon over Edward Cullen. Zoey was given a choice between Brad Pitt and Johnny Depp and chose both. Watch the video below –
8. Check out all these fashion articles about all the pretty dresses worn at the Premiere – Sugarscape and The Fashion Court. Zoey wore Monique Lhullier, Sarah wore Zac Posen, Olga was dressed in Dior and Sami wore a Miu Miu dress.
9. All the video interviews from the premiere are now starting to appear. Check out the videos on YouTube at Silver Screen PR, KatTales TV and CelebrityChaos. You can also check out a collection of photos and videos on Fans of Vampire Academy.
Here’s a video of Danila on the red carpet –
10. More videos from ScreenSlam at the premiere have been added to the playlist below. Interviews by Zoey, Lucy, Danila, Dominic, Sarah, Cameron, Sami, Ashley, Olga, Joely and screenwriter Dan Waters as well as BTS look at the red carpet.
Only a couple more days left folks, hang in and we’ll be there soon!
For the last 8 weeks, since May 28, 2013, the world of “Vampire Academy” was coming to life. The talent behind the movie were filming, day and night, sharing a few Behind The Scenes photos and some cryptic tweets, making the entire fandom blow up in total excitement.
This week, cast members started wrapping up and as filming comes to an end, fans are marking this bittersweet moment and sending love to the cast and crew!
Here are some tweets from this week where cast members announced their wrap ups and congratulated each other on a job most certainly well-done!
Sami Gayle was one of the first to wrap up. The actress who plays Mia Rinaldi, wrapped up on July 16, and has already returned to USA.
Harry Bradshaw who plays Mia’s friend, Bruno, wrapped up on July 16, but was back on set on July 17, for one last visit.
Dominique Tipper, who as yet is plays a role that is not confirmed but is suspected to be that of Guardian Alberta, wrapped up on July 16.
This made Dominic Sherwood (Christian Ozera) very happy –
Nathan Shaw, who plays a dhampir, wrapped up on July 16.
Edward Holcraft who play’s Aaron, wrapped up on July 17.
When we meet Mia and Aaron in Vampire Academy, the two are dating! And look at their real-life avatars, joking around like Romeo and Juliet –
Chris Mason who plays Ray (Ralf Sarcozy) wrapped up on July 17.
Cameron Monaghan, who will play lovable dhampir Mason Ashford, wrapped up on July 18.
as usual, then Zoey Deutch (Rose Hathaway) tweeted to Cameron continuing the friendly Rose-Mason banter off-screen
Finally, OVAM tweeted to announce that Danila Kozlovsky, our Russian badass guardian Dimitri Belikov, had wrapped up shooting on July 19, giving us a peek at Dimitri’s duster and killing the fandom!
We had only recovered from the duster picture and Dimitri’s win in the YA Sisterhood Crush Tourney, when the following two tweets happened and we died again!
Then, today July 20, OVAM tweeted the following, which suggests filming may wrap up tonight itself!
This tweet from Ed to OVAM definitely seems to suggest so –
Some extras too have tweeted about wrapping up over the course of this week.
Some of the stuntmen who were part of the VA crew, finished work on Friday, June 19.
Sigh … all good things must come to an end, but only because when one journey ends, another must start!
And so, as an added bonus … here is a tweet from Olga Kurylenko, who wrapped up back on June 27.
Stay tuned for more as everyone starts wrapping up, we’ll add more congratulatory and wrap up tweets from everyone else!